We are presently recruiting for a Financial Controller for our clients in Tralee, County Kerry. You will be responsible for all financial accounting and technical accounting duties related to month-end close, financial reporting, and the year-end audits under statutory accounting standards.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing tools, processes, and systems to support the Company’s accounting, financial reporting, and internal control environment. You will also be responsible for tax compliance of all legal entities of the Company, as well as for HR and treasury functions.
Accounting and Tax Compliance Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary contact for all accounting and financial reporting matters.
- Ensure that all statutory financial statements and tax returns are issued
- Drive the monthly close process and ensure the accurate and timely accounting close of the general ledger for the preparation of financial statements.
- Develop, implement, and document a robust business process to close the books with special emphasis on a structured process.
- Be hands-on with consolidations, currency exchange matters, and detailed review of reconciliations.
- Monitor and implement new accounting pronouncements.
- Work closely with the external auditors and serve as the primary contact for all external audit matters.
- Monitor cash activities.
- Ensure all statutory returns and requests are issued.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA) with at least 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Work process redesign/controls improvement experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment is a plus.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Tralee, County Kerry with hybrid work offered. Salary is based on qualifications and experience and in the region of €60 – €70,000. For further information please forward your CV directly to me at [email protected]