We presently require a Financial Controller for our clients in Cork City. We are seeking an experience Hotel Financial Controller for a large city centre hotel who has the Industry Knowledge to provide Financial advise and support to the Hotel General Manager.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
- Preparation of weekly financial reports including forecasting of profits, cash and payroll.
- Assistance in the preparation of books and files for audit and declaration of VAT and payroll taxes, including compliance with payment deadlines
- Identification of areas where value can be added including revenue and cost opportunities.
- Income Audit – Ensuring that all sales are recorded accurately and that income metrics are tracked and analysed so as to promote action.
- Payroll – Highlighting/ generating reports for individual departments within each property addressing problem areas. Processing payroll and ensuring that rostering, time sheet input and payment via EFT is conducted in an effective and efficient manner.
- Cash/Bank Control – Ensure that all cash is managed and reconciled correctly and that there is a system in place for controlling the handling of cash throughout each property.
- Accounts Receivable – Ensure that the system of recording, invoicing and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and that each property’s debtor are tracked and monitored periodically.
- Accounts Payable – Supervision of creditor process to include monitoring of PO system from sign off to matching of delivery dockets and invoices to sign off on creditor reconciliations at month end.
- Pro-active contribution to the overall property management with a particular emphasis on the maintenance of the control environment and cost management.
- Provide guidance and training to managers and staff on finance procedures including cash, purchasing, debt collection etc. to ensure strict adherence to financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental/company procedures and highlighting issues if necessary.
- Work closely with wider hotel team to ensure a functional understanding of departmental financial reporting and other metrics including wage %, GPs and P&Ls.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working as a Hotel Financial Controller in a large property
- Qualified Accountant to ACCA, CIMA or similar level
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong internal controls and people management skills
If you have the necessary experience and are interested in this position, please feel free to forward an updated CV to me, or please call directly on 0646622007 for further information.