We are presently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for a Civils contract in Tralee, County Kerry. You will be responsible for Minor Works and hold responsibility for Quantity Surveying functions of the contract to maximise commercial success and profitability. Experience in the utility/civil engineering sector is required with further career progression opportunities available.
- Establishing, monitoring, and maintaining reporting arrangements, resources, and client relationships.
- All Quantity Surveying duties including re-measurement, preparation of monthly progress applications, and settlement of final accounts.
- Preparation of interim progress applications for payment and internal valuations.
- Procurement of subcontractor and specialist suppliers.
- Interim payments and settlement of subcontractors’ final account.
- Negotiate with client’s representatives and other consultants.
- Advise on commercial risks within the project.
- Preparation of monthly contract cost reports and management accounts information.
- Preparation of Cost Preliminaries.
- Ensure that sub-contract documents are properly executed prior to project commencement.
- 2-3 years experience in a Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying role.
- Strong knowledge of Public Works contracts.
- Third level Degree in a construction-related discipline, preferably Quantity Surveying.
- Experience in the utility/civil engineering sector.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Must hold a full clean drivers license.
This is a full time, permanent position based in Tralee, County Kerry. For further information please forward your CV for consideration