We are presently recruiting for a Financial/cost Accountant for our clients, a Manufacturing company in County Kerry. You will work on all aspect of financial and cost accounting duties within the company and be actively involved in all month-end reporting and balance sheet activities. This is a full time, permanent position based in Killarney.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and establish a manufacturing cost accounting system
- Develop and establish inventory costings to support the pricing of contracts, financial reporting and the appropriate valuation of materials, WIP and finished products
- Develop and establish system capabilities to track, review and report on direct materials, direct labour and fixed and variable manufacturing overhead information
- Develop and establish reporting for key areas including product costing, material usage, costed bill of materials, purchase price variances, factory yield, volume + rate variances, stock counts, margin variance
- Collecting and analysing data about a company’s operational costs
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Responsible for ensuring adequate controls of assets including inventory and equipment
- Provision of accurate and efficient reporting of manufacturing operations
- Prepare cost reporting for our building development arm to allow Intercompany transactions be posted
- Month-end financial reporting requirements
- Managing the company’s balance sheet and accounting books
- Qualified accountant with previous work experience in the cost accounting area;
- Proven experience with costing systems including the deployment or development of an MRP / Manufacturing costing system.
- Proven experience in the development of costing methodologies, standard costs and variance reporting.
- Ability to build models to capture and analyze large volumes of data whilst maintaining understanding of underlying detail.
Salary in the region of €55,000, open to negotiation and based on experiences is on offer. For further information, please email me directly