The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of automation systems on our client’s product. This will involve integration of control systems with third-party equipment, with instrumentation and with terminal operating systems.
The ideal candidate has qualified in a relevant engineering discipline and has excellent knowledge of automation systems.
Key Elements of the Role:
- Analysis of customer requirements to identify project automation requirements
- Distinguish between project specific or new requirements and standard requirements (solution requiring development work and solutions available and tested on previous projects).
- Manage automation requirements and ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain / update project schedule to ensure the project is delivered on time.
- Document automation functions and present to customers.
- Manage the integration of automation sub systems and solutions, to ensure overall automation function is delivered.
- Ensure electrical design engineers are aware of electrical requirements, where necessary prepare electrical interface drawings.
- Ensure software developers are aware of the software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Ensure commissioning engineers are aware of automation functions and provide any necessary support and documentation required during the commissioning process.
- Liaise with production and installation departments to ensure assembly and testing of automation systems are carried out to the necessary standards.
- Liaise with the service department to support in the training of personnel on new systems and provide support to resolve customer complaints.
- Where new development is required, participate in selection and testing of suitable sub-systems and new technologies.
- Where necessary prepare and execute on-site tests at selected customer ports.
- Create BOM’s for automation equipment.
Qualifications Requirements and Experience
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- SCADA systems development knowledge.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Familiarity with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package.
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Experience with ABB PLC’s an advantage.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Ability to work at heights.
If you are interested, please apply or email email@example.com