Recruitment Agencies are growing in demand. More and more companies everyday are relying on the experience and knowledge of a recruitment agency to fill current openings in their business. As well as companies, candidates (Job Seekers) are also taking advantage of the services provided by recruitment agencies.
You might ask yourself, what exactly is a recruitment agency? Recruitment agencies look for suitable candidates to fill vacancies in other companies. Companies will generally contact the agency and brief them with a job description and the agency will then use their resources such as their database, network, website, job fairs and social media in order to find the right individual for the specified role.
Once the recruiter believes that he/she has found the right candidate for the job they will conduct a screening which generally involves chatting to the candidate, getting to know a bit more about them and their professional life to date and reviewing their CV. If the candidate matches the job description the recruiter will contact the company in question and try and set up an interview. While all of this is occurring the recruiter will be monitoring the application process. If the client deems the candidate to be appropriate for the position, he or she may end up getting the job.
Recruitment agencies can provide a wide range of benefits to the candidate:
- First and foremost recruitment agencies are free of charge for the candidate. Recruitment agencies are working on request and make their money by receiving payments from their clients (The company that’s hiring). Therefore there are no costs involved for the candidate looking for the job, you are essentially getting help for free!!
- Recruitment agencies generally have a great knowledge of the employment market. Recruiters generally pass on knowledge and expertise from working in specific industries previously. They know which sectors and companies are forming exciting opportunities for people with your knowledge and skill set.
- Recruitment agencies have a very broad network and a large variety of connections. They can often get you in touch with the right people very quickly.
- Recruitment agencies will generally hear about job openings before the greater public know about them. This isn’t through some elite secret society between agencies and companies it’s basically just from years of partnerships with clients and collaborating together previously.
- Another useful thing to note about recruitment agencies is that any information disclosed between you and your recruiter is kept completely confidential. So if you are submitting your CV to a recruiter you don’t have to worry about any of your information viewed by third parties without your consent.
- Trying to source employment with the help of a recruitment agency can also save you valuable time that you can spend completing other tasks.
- Recruitment agencies will also help you to benchmark salaries. If you are on the hunt for a new job but you’re not particularly sure what the normal salary for that position is, your recruiter will be able to help and guide you and inform you of what you should be expecting dependent on your salary.
These are just some of the reasons why recruitment agencies can be highly beneficial to you as a job seeker. Here at Red Chair Recruitment we like to get to know who we are working with, we want to build a rapport and a connection with our candidates. Get in touch with us.
Follow us on Twitter