We are currently recruiting for a Building Engineer to join our Services Department. You will be working on a continuous stream of projects, working with property clients, other senior professionals and construction Contractor’s. As a Building Surveyor they will be responsible for undertaking on site property surveys, structural surveys; investigating and diagnosing building condition’s in line with Building Regulations and Fire regulation based on property history. Reporting to the Team Leader they will also need to prepare property reports, schedules of dilapidation, schedules of condition, specifications and schedules of Work’s.
This is a great opportunity for someone with 1 /2 years’ experience in building surveying or civil or structural engineering. This is a full time, permanent position, based in West Dublin.
Responsibilities within position:
- Undertaking on site property surveys.
- Investigating and diagnosing building conditions.
- Carrying out inspections on buildings before purchase to assess the quality of, and to identify any structural faults, of buildings.
- Locating the cause of structural problems and recommending/providing solutions.
- Drawing up schedules of dilapidations, schedules of condition and schedules of works of necessary repair.
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations.
- Obtaining approvals required under the Planning law, Building Regulations and bye-laws and other relevant legislation.
- Designing, building, maintaining, renovating and extending new and existing buildings.
- Project-managing, controlling budgets and supervising building projects on site.
- Keeping reports on the progress of work.
- Providing advice and assistance to builders.
- Minimum Degree in Building Surveying (NFQ Level 8) Civil / Structural Engineering – BSc in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification & level.
- Proven work experience in building surveying / civil – structural engineering.
- A full, clean, Irish/EU driving license.
A fully expensed company vehicle, laptop, phone and salary is on offer. Salary is open to negotiation and based on experiences ranging from €30 – €40,000. For further information, please email me directly.