We are currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor to join our clients Services Department in Charleville, County Cork. You will be working on a continuous stream of projects, working with property clients, other senior professionals and construction Contractor’s. As a Building Surveyor they will be responsible for undertaking on site property surveys, structural surveys; investigating and diagnosing building condition’s in line with Building Regulations and Fire regulation based on property history.
Responsibilities within position:
- Undertaking on site property surveys.
- Investigating and diagnosing building conditions.
- Carrying out inspections on buildings before purchase to assess the quality of, and to identify any structural faults, of buildings.
- Locating the cause of structural problems and recommending/providing solutions.
- Drawing up schedules of dilapidations, schedules of condition and schedules of works of necessary repair.
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation and building regulations.
- Obtaining approvals required under the Planning law, Building Regulations and bye-laws and other relevant legislation.
- Designing, building, maintaining, renovating and extending new and existing buildings.
- Project-managing, controlling budgets and supervising building projects on site.
- Keeping reports on the progress of work.
- Providing advice and assistance to builders.
- Minimum Degree in Building Surveying (NFQ Level 8) Civil / Structural Engineering – BSc in Civil Engineering or relevant qualification & level.
- Proven work experience in building surveying / civil – structural engineering.
- A full, clean, Irish/EU driving license.
A fully expensed company vehicle, laptop, phone and salary is on offer. Salary is open to negotiation and based on experiences ranging from €50 – €60,000. For further information, please email me directly at email@example.com