We are presently recruiting for an Assistant Director of Nursing for our clients in County Kerry. As ADON, you will work under the direction of the Director of Nursing to promote excellence in clinical care and practice in the Nursing home. You will promote an ethos and culture of Quality Assurance throughout the home and will work with the entire care team and other departments advising, and supporting employees, residents and relatives.
In addition, you will also take responsibility for the Nursing home in the absence of the Director of Nursing and work with all departments in delivering the highest quality care.
Responsibilities and Experiences:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of nursing older persons in the last 6 years.
- Have a minimum of 7 years post registration experience.
- Be a Registered General Nurse.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection for residential care centres.
- In the absence of the Director of Nursing, undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards
- Participate in clinical management within the home
- Providing care to residents, communicating with residents and families
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the residential care home.
- Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance
- Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
Salary in the region of €55,000 – €60,000 is on offer. For further information please share your CV with us or contact us directly on 064 66 22 007