Terrific opportunity for SQL Server Database Administrator to step up and help make an impact using your SQL skills for our client who are based in Co Kerry. The responsibilities include following-up on missing database backups, maintaining database reports, documentation and management of database configuration.
The candidate would ideally have hands-on experience with implementation, administration, and usage of SQL Server Management Studio. Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services would be considered a plus.
• SQL Server database administration, configuration, load balancing, performance tuning, backup and recovery, database sizing and space management, SQL and command shell programming, SQL tuning, diagnostics of SQL Server 2014/2017/2019 databases
• Develops new and supports existing SQL code
• Understands SQL Server 2014/2017/2019 concepts, theories, principles, and best administration practices
• Maintains working knowledge of the IT industry and vendor market to effectively address the development of database software systems and the ongoing demands for enhancements to existing systems to provide efficient services to business department and other database/application users
• Researches, evaluates, and recommends database educational material to peers and management
• Performs other job-related duties requiring the same general knowledge, skills, and degree of responsibility equivalent to the assigned level
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
• Knowledge of SQL Server technology.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
• Strong technical documentation skills
• Highly self motivated and directed
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
If you are interested please apply or email [email protected]