The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of PLC software and supporting applications (windows based). This will involve integration of control systems with third-party equipment, with instrumentation and with terminal operating systems.
Key Elements of the Role:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support customer service department on project tenders, technical issues and training.
- Analyse client’s problems or requirements as presented by the service and after sales team.
- Identify and evaluate potential technical solutions.
- Evaluate development and system costs and identify commercial advantages / risks.
- Develop and integrate software solutions for system upgrades and retrofits in the field.
- Liaise with software, electrical and other design disciplines to prepare system requirements and to develop/document software solutions to meet business compliance and performance requirements.
- Liaise with field support engineers to rollout new software.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Good Engineering Practice platform for effective delivery of projects.
- Participate in risk assessments to ensure new features/upgrades comply with safety standards.
Qualifications / Requirements / Experience
The ideal candidate has qualified in a relevant engineering discipline and has excellent knowledge of PLC automation and SCADA systems with working knowledge of .Net software development.
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Software/ Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- Previous experience working with PLC/DCS systems in an object orientated fashion.
- Previous experience with scripting languages.
- Previous experience with PLC bus systems (Profinet/Profibus/CAN bus/Modbus etc.)
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Experience with ABB PLC’s.
- Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications.
- SCADA systems application/development
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion.
- Ability to work at heights.
If you are interested, please apply or email [email protected]