We are presently recruiting for a General Manager for our Food production clients in County Cork. The company in question has been established for over 30 years and is considered a leader in their segment market of high quality food produce.
We require someone with very solid managerial experience who can manage on a daily basis all business operations and oversee further organisational development and further production processes whilst keeping the ethos of quality that he company has built its reputation on.
Objectives of the Role
- Develop, plan and coordinate all business operations to achieve the company’s strategic goals
- Review and improve organisational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Uphold standards of excellence within the company
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships with customers
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others within the organisation to strengthen their own specific knowledge and skill areas
- Plan and conduct weekly / monthly management meetings with department heads
- Work with the production supervisors to develop an efficient staffing schedule to support production according to scheduled orders
- Develop and control profits, adhere to agreed budgetary plans, budget for the efficient use of materials, plant and team members; review and analyse activities, costs, operations, and forecasts to determine progress toward budgeted goals and objectives.
- Foster a working environment that encourages highly motivated team members
- Manage all aspects of new product development including costings, margins and sale price point
- Coordinate plant activities with other internal company departments
- Establish effective working relationships with external regulatory agencies
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold departmental managers accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Experience in dealing and negotiating with the supermarket multiples
- Identify and explore new solutions and opportunities to push the business forward.
Salary is open to negotiation and in line with industry norms. For further information please forward your CV to me for further information.
We Get People,
Tel: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mob: +353 (0)86 468 1212