Our client in Tralee, Co. Kerry is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer that can ensure that all the software used on our platforms is operating according to the relevant specification. Develop Automation, perform System testing and drive quality assurance of code and configuration. Document test activities, log defects and ensure that re-testing takes place to confirm that problems encountered have been resolved. Work in accordance with testing standards developed in-house and contribute to the continuous improvement of testing standards and automation.
- Play a central role in adding to our extensive automation capabilities in testing our core platforms.
- Champion quality as a shared responsibility within a self-organising agile team.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with QA, Development and Product Management.
- Provide feedback into the Development and Product teams.
- Working with analysts & developers to write test cases for new changes.
- Diagnose problems and report bugs/enhancements.
- Organise and manage your test lab.
- Work in an agile development process.
- Develop and agree test plans with analysts and Software Development engineers.
- Review Requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Log bugs, reporting the issue to the developers and taking full ownership and accountability following up to ensure that corrective action is taken.
- 5+ years software testing experience throughout all phases of a software testing cycle, including automation experience.
- Automation & Scripting knowledge, ability to create automated tests utilizing frameworks & tools.
- Good Knowledge of databases and SQL knowledge highly desired.
- Quality focused with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Hands on experience in agile implementations.
- Experienced with Atlassian Toolset (JIRA).
- Knowledge of SDLC tools such as: Jenkins, Rundeck, Gitlab source control.
- BSc in Computer Science is preferred but not essential.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Pension Plan
- Stock Option Plan
- Competitive with equity opportunity
If you are interested, please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org