An exciting opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading manufacturing companies based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. Our client is looking for a talented and experienced Network Engineer. Someone who possesses a service mentality and is capable of juggling priorities as needed to assure business continuity.
- Responsibility for the continuous operation of secure platforms, servers and networks
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure, VMs, storage, including future cloud/hybrid environments. This includes the full lifecycle from specification according to business needs through to end of life
- Working closely with colleagues in the local IT department, in sister companies across Europe, and with technical partners to ensure that infrastructure is fit for purpose, and harmonised as far as possible within the division.
- As well as maintaining local ownership and contributing to the strategic developments internally, the Infrastructure manager will participate in road map activities, design and development of new technologies embedded in our end products
- Troubleshooting and resolving incidents, including vendor management, liaising with all members of IT and local maintenance departments
- Hands-on management of VMWare ESX/vSphere
- Hands-on management of SAN and related equipment (HP or NetApp)
- Overseeing the local network administration – Cisco infrastructure, SD-WAN, leased lines, VPN
- Operation, configuration and incident management in an ISO27001 based environment.
- Contributing to business continuity planning and management of associated hardware
- 3+ years of Administrating or Technical support of complex infrastructure environments
- Computer Science or Information Systems degree or equivalent experience
- Security auditing / vulnerability scanning
- Technical Documentation skills
- VMWare ESX/vSphere – ideally VCP
- HP SAN technologies – 3Par, Nimble, Primero – ideally trained or certified
- Networking certification
- Management of plant rooms / small datacentres
- Related certifications (ITIL, project management, LEAN, …)
- German language skills
The salary for this role is dependent on experience (in line with market rates) and offers a number of benefits to be discussed at interview stage.
If you are interested please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org