Our client is currently seeking an IT Engineer/Technician to join their team. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in delivering IT support, managing projects and upgrades, and driving continuous improvements for the Group’s systems and office environment. The position reports to the IT Manager and requires regular reporting and remote collaboration. This role will suit a person in Listowel (Co. Kerry) or Ballincollig (Cork) as the client has offices on both locations.
- Identifies and resolves customer IT issues using available tools and necessary support resources.
- Conducts on-site visits to company sites to resolve issues that cannot be addressed remotely and performs hardware installations.
- Provides support for Active Directory and user accounts.
- Offers assistance for Office 365.
- Provides hardware support, including but not limited to PCs, laptops, mobile devices, and printers.
- Supports and maintains till hardware.
- Assists with the onboarding of computing systems.
- Provides support for CCTV systems.
- Supports MFP printers.
- Manages company Wi-Fi.
- Manages antivirus and network & email security.
- Performs regular updates for Windows and third-party software.
- Supports phone systems, meeting rooms, and conference units.
- Monitors and supports system backups, including servers and critical business hardware.
- Handles and addresses end-user queries.
- Ensures the role is performed with due regard for the requirements of the Company Policies & Procedures.
- Undertakes any other duties considered by the company to be within the scope of the IT Technician role.
- Health and Safety:
- Drives and supports a positive Health and Safety culture within the department, giving equal priority to H&S and all other activities.
- Promotes the culture of “stop, think, act” within the department
- Understanding of Local Area Network and IT setup.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly in high-pressure environments.
- Interest in general IT and willingness to learn.
- Excellent judgment, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to lead dedicated IT projects from start to finish.
- Weekend and bank holiday flexibility.
- Possession of a full driver’s license.
Qualifications & Training:
- Third-level qualification in an IT-related discipline OR relevant experience in an IT Support/Technician/Administration role.
- 2-3 years of experience in an IT service support role.
If you are interested please apply or email email@example.com.