Red Chair Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Triage Nursing roles for our client in the region of Kerry in Ireland. My client provides access to family doctor services for urgent medical needs and have a number of locations throughout Kerry.
Under general supervision of the Nursing Manager, the Triage Nurse performs care coordination and professional nursing functions to assess the severity of the patient’s health concerns using protocols and algorithms in a manner that provides patient dispositions to emergency care, clinic provider appointments, and triage nurse clinic services within the scope of the licensed practice. The RGN will provide support and communication in triaging all walk in patients. Candidates should have a strong community health/public health orientation.
Candidates should have experience in the following disciplines:
- Accident and Emergency
- General Medicine
- Practice Nurse
- The Triage Nurse will be part of a care coordination team supporting general care processes alongside the providers.
- Manages nurse-directed patient telephone calls and from walk-in patients requesting health care services.
- Evaluates and assesses patient’s health care needs based on patient’s signs and symptoms utilizing established triage protocols and guidelines.
- Obtains appropriate input and direction from the provider as needed to determine best clinical course of action and recommendations for specific patient health care needs.
- Assures that pertinent medical information is forwarded to proper departments as needed for continuity of patient care.
- Documents in electronic health record (EHR), triage assessment, plan, implementation, and evaluation, follow-up.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Nurse Manager.
- Registered General Nurse with 5 Years+ experience.
- Experience with A&E, General Medicine, Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Practice Nurse is desirable and considered a bonus.
- Must have knowledge of disease processes, normal growth and development of all age groups.
- Must possess community health knowledge and theory.
- General computer skills required.
- Nursing assessment skills with/without visual inspection utilizing basic nursing theory.
- Critical clinical thinking skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, i.e, listening, oral and written English skills while conversing with patients, families, health professionals and community agencies
- Demonstrated clinical competence.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful emergency situations calmly and effectively.
- During the 6 month probationary period the Triage Nurse will complete an 8 week intensive training mentorship course.
- Training will be provided in the use of the call management system, the call handling system, nurse triage protocols and guidelines and software used.
PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Hourly rates are linked to National Pay Agreements.
- You shall be paid remuneration for hours worked from 0.01am until 11.59pm on Sundays and Public Holidays at a rate of double time
- Increments shall be payable annually to Triage Nurses on the anniversary date of their contract.
- The Triage Nurse shall work on average 7 weekends in every 10 weekends.(1/2 time position).
- There are part-time positions available; part-time is 14-19 hours per week.
If you have 5+ years experience and qualifications outlined above, please send on your CV and supporting documents to email@example.com to apply for this position.
We Get People,
International Recruitment Consultant
Red Chair Recruitment, Recruitment House, 91 New Street, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Skype: redchaireducation LinkedIn: – https://ie.linkedin.com/in/neil-buckley