We are presently recruiting a Transport Manager for our clients in Kildare. You will be required to Develop and maintain transportation system on domestic and international freight requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Directing all transportation activities
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries on a daily/weekly basis.
- Coordinating deliveries with client system and Internal site logistics.
- Coordinating all interaction with freight forwarders, arrange duty & VAT paperwork and payments.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Work closely with Logistics manager in developing transport strategy.
- Work closely with company legal team to resolve any legal issues pertaining to transportation/distribution
- Central point of contact for all OSM, site and supplier transport related queries
- Develop electronic and paper based filing system for all transport related activities.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Transport Manager
- Proficient in standard business office software including SAP
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry
- Suggest new ways of applying existing knowledge to continuously improve business outcomes
- Provide clear instructions and information to internal & external departments and suppliers.
This is a full time permanent position, Salary is based on qualifications and experiences and open to negotiation. For further information please forward your CV directly to me or alternatively feel free to call on 0646622007