We are presently recruiting for a Technical Services Project Engineer for our clients in Cork City. Initially, for a 2 year contract, you will be responsible for in the development and execution of major capital projects and to plan and supervise the execution of projects with main contractors.
You will come with a minimum of 6 years Construction related experience with a main contractor. Previous experience of planning and completing works in large and complex environments and have strong experience of managing contractors and site activities through building and fit-out works to final handover of projects.
Responsibilities within post:
- Developing proposals with selected design teams and contractors
- Plan / Co-ordinate/ manage contractor works on site on behalf of the client
- Managing Design team through various project phases – design, construction and handover
- Co-ordinating the tender and control stages of projects
- Complying with all regulatory requirements including permission, licences, certificates and approvals.
- Manage the necessary and appropriate consultation processes, meetings and other activities necessary to satisfactory completion of the project
- Arranging for preparation of specifications, drawing and contract documents for Capital Projects
- Advising on the selection of Design Teams, other professional services and Contractors for Capital Projects
- Supervising staff and contractors
- Managing and controlling agreed project timescales and budgets for planning, design, construction and equipping
- Managing and controlling expenditure on each assigned project
Experiences and qualifications:
- 6 -7 years Construction related experience with a main contractor
- Level 8 Degree qualified in engineering- Civil, Building services, electrical, mechanical or achieved Chartered engineer status
- Working knowledge of PSDP/PSCS role/Construction Safety regulation
- Management of Design teams through various project phases
Salary is based on experiences and qualifications and to a maximum of €83,000. For further information please email me directly.