Presently we are recruiting for a Technical Buyer / Purchasing Engineer for our clients in Kildare. My clients are an Engineering company and you will mainly be responsible for purchasing, small design changes & associated administration duties for a range of engineered products. You will be required to have detailed knowledge of the equipment, materials and supplies used in my clients industry, and will be able to identify companies that sell them. You will be required to evaluate suppliers and negotiate purchase agreements with them, as well as maintain the inventory of supplies. You will be experienced in all aspects of Solid Works and come from an Engineering background.
- Purchasing of component parts for assembly of our range of products.
- Liaising with Mechanical Designers, Fabricators & Machine Shops, ensuring correct revision drawings used etc.
- Manage Bill of Materials
- Design changes to fabrications & machined parts for easier assembly & cost reduction.
- Receiving parts from suppliers, quality checks where necessary.
- Establish locations & stock control for current parts inventory.
- Assisting accounts dept in administration of customer and supplier invoices, statements and Remittance Advise.
- Preparation of Shipping/Export documentation.
- General documentation duties
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of final product
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy
- Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Experience working with SAP
- Come from an engineering background
- Purchasing, stock control experience
- Pro-active, good communicator and used to working on own Initiative
- Tidy, organised, diplomatic with good communication skills.
This is a full time permanent position, Salary is based on qualifications and experiences and open to negotiation. For further information please forward your CV directly to me or alternatively feel free to call on 0646622007