We are presently recruiting for a Support worker for our clients in Bantry, West Cork. Our clients operate Adult Service with a vision to develop and deliver a range of supports that are person centred, focused on community inclusion, practical in terms of enabling people to develop and maintain skills to live a full life. You will be responsible for providing supports based upon the needs identified in each person’s individual plan which will include life, work, social skills, accredited training, and recreational activities. The Support Worker is responsible for implementing, reviewing and progressing the outcomes for individuals and working to the schedules as directed. You will also have responsibility for assisting the person we support with their personal care (clothing, feeding, toileting and general hygiene).
- QQI (FETAC) in Healthcare or an equivalent qualification.
- A relevant qualification in Learning Disabilities, Social Studies, Social Sciences, Nursing, or Childcare
- A Full Clean Irish Drivers Licence
- Previous experience of working with people with an intellectual disability and / or autism
- Previous experience of supporting people with behaviours that challenge
- MAPA or CPI Training
- First Aid training
- Experience of working with arts, crafts, pottery, gardening and cooking
- The ability to build positive relationships with the people we support
- The ability to carry out intimate and personal care
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written / IT
- Ability to work well within a team and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Advocacy Skills
This is a full time, permanent position for 33.5 hours per week ranging from €20,500 – €27,800 depending on qualifications and experiences. For further information, please contact Stephen directly for full information.
Tel: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007