We are currently recruiting for a Staff Specialist in Obstetrics & Gynecology w/ an Interest in Chronic Pelvic Pain for our clients in Australia.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology provides tertiary level obstetrics and gynaecological services to the ACT and surrounding regions. The Hospital has more than 3700 births per year and is a level 6 referral centre for high-risk pregnancies for the region. The department is accredited by RANZCOG for the FRANZCOG Training Program and subspecialty training in Maternal Fetal Medicine.
We are seeking a candidate with the clinical skills and special interest in leading a complex pelvic pain service, which spans a multidisciplinary outpatient clinic, inpatient consultation, advanced laparoscopic surgery, and procedural pain management modalities.
The successful applicant must have RANZCOG Fellowship and be able to participate in unit activities in both general Obstetrics and Gynaecology, but with a focus on pelvic pain. They must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to interact sensitively and holistically with women experiencing complex pain. They will work in a multidisciplinary team, liaise with various stakeholders and there is significant opportunity for research in this field.
This position will be embedded in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Unit, with pro-rata on call duties and contribution to inpatient management.
All specialties are represented with the exception of organ transplantation. The hospital has well developed post graduate teaching programs. A fully equipped medical library is available on site with a large collection of hard copy and online journals and textbooks.
The preferred candidate maybe considered for a conjoint position at an academic level commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The academic position will be held for the duration of the employment and will be subject to regular performance reviews. No remuneration is attached to the position. The employee will be responsible on academic matters and for clinical/ research matters.
- Provide clinical expertise in the holistic management of complex pelvic pain and endometriosis.
- Build a multidisciplinary complex pelvic pain service that spans outpatient clinics, provide inpatient care for patients admitted under your team, take consultation requests from colleagues, conduct regular teaching ward rounds and provide ward support to the team of registrars and junior medical officers.
- Additional clinical commitments include Antenatal Clinics, Caesarean section lists, colposcopy clinics and acute Obstetrics and Gynaecology cover in keeping with service requirements
- Participate in the on-call roster for both Obstetrics and Gynaecology at a pro-rata basis according to service requirements
- Work in a collaborative partnership with the Medical, Nursing, Allied Health and Administrative Leads to deliver safe, high quality clinical services and contribute to the education and training of all members of the clinical team.
- Provide leadership and coordination in clinical governance by developing evidence-based guidelines; ensuring high level staff performance; and overseeing quality improvement and risk management activities.
- Provide leadership in standards of practice, including professional development, teaching, and training and research and innovation, committee representation and maintain own knowledge through participation in learning and development opportunities.
- Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice ensuring the delivery of high-quality person and family centred, safe and high-quality patient care.
Key Selection Criteria
- Proven clinical experience in the practice of advanced laparoscopic surgery, complex pelvic pain management and generalist Obstetrics and Gynaecology skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to the maintenance and further development of skills in this area, with involvement in further education, teaching and continuing professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, teaching and training for junior staff, and ability to work as a team member in a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to all aspects of clinical governance including conducting and leading research and/or audit in relevant areas of practice.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and adherence to, safety and quality standards, work, health and safety (WH&S) and the positive patient experience. Displays behaviour consistent with the Hospitals values of reliable, progressive, respectful and kind.
We are happy to talk to you further if you require any more information. We also offer referrals to anyone who helps with successful placements of medical staff.
Please call +353 64 667 0001 and ask for Becky or email your most update CV to email@example.com