A Special Purpose Engineer is needed by our client in Farranfore. Someone who can actively participate in a group of engineers and technicians in charge of completing each stage of the project, including the planning, design, documentation, software/graphics, installation, validation and hand-over to the client as required.
- Subject Matter understanding of SCADA, PLC, OPC, Continuous/Batch Historians and DCS Based control systems, including network topology concepts.
- Level of understanding in implementing, configuring and troubleshooting of IIOT platforms.
- Subject Matter Expert understanding of how SQL Databases are setup & administered, in addition to Oracle installation, query and view structuring.
- Ability to write instructions for installation, configuration and troubleshooting of interfaces in line with standard recommendations.
- System architecture: ability to design and configure the system. Demonstrate a deep understanding of current and future trends and models.
- Strong hardware and software ability.
- Assist in controls & automation design for projects.
- Develop, test and install high quality control software code (SCADA/PC/HMI).
- Testing of control panels and automation including Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and Site Acceptance Test (SAT).
- Technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selections.
- Support product, platform by delivering qualified systems.
- Perform advanced attention to detail, sensitivity to version control issues and anticipate problems.
- Expert in using the creative tool such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Awareness of Industry 4.0 technologies and to keep up to date with these technologies on an ongoing basis.
- Subject matter expert of the UNS and continuous advancement and development of Edge technologies.
- Work in cross functional multidisciplinary team environment/individually as a project demands.
- Fault finding within systems and correction of same.
- Drive process improvements though identification of problem areas/opportunities.
- Report back on projects completed.
- Ability to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and develop a point of view about your work.
- Ability to take leadership in projects that span multiple teams.
*Apply now for full job description/salary and package details
If you are interested please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org