We are currently recruiting for an Sous chef to join one of our clients ready to set sail all over the globe.
- Work closely with the Assistant Food Manager to accomplish tasks related to equipment control and maintenance, Services and presentation and training and regulations training.
- Works with the Chef to establish work schedules for all Cooks.
- Ensure impeccable service and dining is maintained in all areas of the ship
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Sous Chef in 4/5* environment.
- Culinary School degree (preferred).
- Strong management skills.
- Customer service, teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
- Needs assessment techniques, quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and guest satisfaction evaluation techniques.
- Strong planning, coaching, organizing, staffing, controlling, and evaluating skills.
- Intermediate computer software skills required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Valid passport
- Eligibility to be issued a United States C1/D Visa (Not applicable for US and Canadian citizens)
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English, both conversational with technical Outstanding communication skills
- A commitment to completing at least two four-month contracts within a twelve-month period
This is an opportunity to see the world whilst putting your Culinary knowledge to great use. If you are interested in this role please apply directly below using your updated CV and I will get back to you shortly or call 064 662 2007 for more information.