We are currently recruiting for a SOC Team Lead that will be responsible for organizing and delivering the monitoring and response activities within the SOC for our client in Co. Kerry.
- Be a leader to and coordinate the activities of a team of analysts in the provision of security monitoring and incident response activities.
- Manage daily operations and to deliver consistently high-quality intelligence, analysis, investigations, monitoring and responses.
- Manage the intake and distribution of work within the function to deliver consistently high-quality monitoring, analysis and responses.
- Coordination of team meetings, team reporting, management reporting and delivery of metrics.
- Ensure the delivery and constant improvement of management reporting for all activities undertaken by the team.
- Establish a close working relationship with key providers i.e. MSSPs/Service providers, lead weekly/monthly calls and ensure the services provided to the SOC by them are fully managed to a high quality, including alert triage quality and coverage.
- Lead and support as necessary, projects that support the enhanced delivery of services by the SOC.
- Recommend countermeasures, security techniques, tools and vendor products to strengthen the overall security posture.
- Coordinate with security operations and incident response staff to tune and improve detection capabilities.
- Lead the integration of Cyber Threat Intelligence into all aspects of the teams work including the delivery of supporting processes and documentation.
- Conduct, disseminate and follow up on operational risk assessments relating to security operations.
- 5+ years of experience in information security (network, application and systems) or related technology experience required, experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security controls related to the detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and recovery from cyber security incidents.
- Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems.
- A good understanding of how threat actors work and ability to keep up with the fast pace of change in the criminal cyber-underworld.
- An understanding of the intelligence cycle, and experience with Threat Intelligence Platforms.
- Professional Certifications an advantage but not essential if have requisite role knowledge, GCIH, GNFA, GFCA, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CISSP certification a plus.
- Technical writing experience with management level reports
The salary for this role is dependent on experience (in line with market rates) and offers a number of benefits to be discussed at interview stage. If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please feel free to apply directly below and we will contact you shortly after to discuss the role in more detail.