We are currently recruiting for a Senior Security Analyst is responsible for understanding and providing appropriate surveillance for the critical cyber threats to our client in Co.Kerry. The Senior Security Analyst will leverage Security Monitoring, Logging and Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) systems to triage alerts and investigate suspicious activity.
- Monitoring, investigation and reporting of security incidents.
- Lead the analysis of security alerts or technical response to a security incident.
- Identify as well as detail information risk, governance and compliance concepts and principles.
- Monitor, evaluate, and advise on information security issues related to systems, data, network, and workflow to ensure security controls are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Work with a set of guidelines to help identify critical event data for additional analysis and escalation as appropriate.
- Working knowledge of application & infrastructure security solutions (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection\Prevention Systems, Network Security, Password Management, Data Encryption, Vulnerability Scanners, SIEM Systems, and Access Control).
- Working knowledge of information security concepts, standards, and best practices.
- Assist in defining security requirements for information technology projects.
- Monitor security advisories, trends, alerts, and vulnerabilities, and communicate accordingly with team managers and data owners.
Education & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in information security (network, application and systems) or related technology experience required, experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of technology and security controls related to the detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and recovery from cyber security incidents.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux systems, Active Directory Architecture, EDR, data governance, vulnerability management, SIEM systems, and Information Security compliance and standards.
- Strong understanding of governance, risk, and compliance frameworks such as NIST and CIS.
- Professional Certifications an advantage but not essential if have requisite role knowledge, GCIH, GNFA, GFCA, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CISSP or similar certifications a plus.
- Technical writing experience with management level reports
The salary for this role is in the region of €60,000 – €70,000 and offers a number of benefits to be discussed at interview stage. If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please feel free to apply directly below and we will contact you shortly after to discuss the role in more detail.