We are presently recruiting a Senior Lecturer of Business Studies for our clients in Doha, Qatar. We require lecturers to undertake teaching activities in the curriculum area, ensuring high quality of provision, in response to learners’ needs and in line with professional teaching standards which will also enhance the students employability and further support Qatar’s mission to upskill its young residents.
Overview of the position:
- Teach programmes specifically in Business Management and the Business Faculty
- Work collaboratively and innovatively with managers and colleagues to design, develop, manage and review programmes in the curriculum area
- Deliver academic tutorials to provide students
- Maintain records of work and student attendance
- Undertake assessment and internal verification activities
- Keep up to date with research in own field and participate in College research programmes
- Work experience is an integral part of many courses and the post holder will be expected to assist in finding and monitoring work experience placements and in liaising with employers and the College to provide quality links.
- Participate in/arrange approved student visits, trips etc as and when required in accordance with College procedures
- Attend staff meetings
- Embed within all learning activities the opportunity to improve students English and Maths
- Regularly evaluate course inputs through course teams, staff development and student feedback
- In accordance with the College’s quality procedures, implement and monitor the self-assessment process
- Ensure continuous quality improvement of standards of performance in teaching and learning
- Participate in the College’s Appraisal and Review process
- Work in accordance with the College’s Equality and Diversity Policy at all times
- Undertake other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post
- A postgraduate award at Master’s degree level or above in a related discipline.
- Candidates should possess a portfolio of Commercial or Business experience in addition to their teaching experience.
- Prior working knowledge of BTEC programs considered a huge advantage
- Proven experience of teaching in a higher education institution
Visa Availability and package offered:
- Passport holders of Ireland, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Australia only for visa purposes
- Flights to and from Qatar
- Yearly, renewable contracts
- Medical Insurance
- Residency visa
- Salary inclusive of housing allowance 216,000 Qatari Riyal per year
- End of year bonus based on performance
If this position is of interest to you please email me directly for further information.
Red Chair Recruitment
Phone: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mobile: +353 (0) 86 46 81 212