We are recruiting for a proven Senior Estimator for our Dublin based clients. You will have a strong track record as an Estimator with strong Main Contractor experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operational oversight of the key business area of estimating including the preparation and submittal of estimates and pre-qualification submissions along with responsibility for liaising with and promoting cooperation with other functions.
Duties / responsibilities
- Reviewing tender enquiries and preparation of detailed tender review reports.
- Full responsibility for estimating construction projects.
- Liaising with the design team, PQS firm or other to ensure detail and specifications are met.
- Attending and updating regular pipeline meetings to review current tender submissions.
- Sourcing pre-project information.
- Breaking down large fixture packages into trade packages and sub-contracting sections of the work.
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Assisting in the process of sub-contractor selection.
- Performing other duties and projects as assigned.
- Third level degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- 10 years of Estimating experience, with at least 5 of those in Main Contracting.
- Strong IT Skills in MS Excel, Project, Word and Pricing packages
- Proven track record in dealing with Design Teams, Subcontractors and Clients
- Thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings to include an exceptional accuracy in measurement capabilities.
- Highly capable of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing inquiries to subcontractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received for pricing within specified time frames.
- Good Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Should have the ability to work well in a team based environment
- Experience of using “Conquest” Package would be an advantage.
- Salary is open to negotiation and dependent on experience
Please forward your CV to me directly for further information.
Red Chair Recruitment
Phone: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mobile: +353 (0) 86 46 81 212