Our client’s Innovation and Fintech team are seeking an experienced R&D Team Lead to join the team in Ireland. Reporting to the Head of the Innovation Lab in New York, the successful candidate will be responsible for development, deployment, and continuous improvement of an R&D portfolio, working to ensure high quality software, data, reporting, processes, compliance and documentation along with training and support to enable maximum value.
- Lead a small but growing hybrid team principally located in Tralee, Ireland.
- Serve as a leader with a vision for R&D IT as it relates to technology and solutions that enable business discovery, exploration, and experimentation.
- Partner with Business, IT and R&D leaders to clarify requirements and prepare appropriate project deliverables and requirements.
- Supervise the authoring of documentation such as requirements specifications, data models, test plans, and other SDLC deliverables.
- Drive the execution of IT projects in collaboration with business and internal technology partners, team, management, university partners and Fintechs.
- Define, lead, and implement technical work, software integration, and data integration activities.
- Ensure full visibility into all programs by keeping leadership informed of technical progress and issues, including impact on time, resources, and delivery.
- Ensure value of R&D technology spend with partners is realized through efficiency and productivity savings as outlined through business cases.
- Partner with Innovation leads – Heads of Partnerships, Digital Strategy and Labs – as well as other select Americas and EMEA leadership to understand and deliver on the needs of business stakeholders.
- Work with Head of Labs to define, develop and apply procedures and best practices.
- Contribute to “IP” and increased efficiency in R&D program delivery by ensuring knowledge capture from active programs, sharing across immediate team and broader communities.
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Services or in a major global corporation (experience modernizing legacy banking systems, or implementing automation, innovation, fintech, regtech, or other similarly complex projects)
- Comp science background
- R&D business background with experience and partnering with R&D teams
- Track record of innovation utilizing, technology, partners, and teams tied to business outcomes
- Experience running technical resources and project teams
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong architectural and application development background
- Proven understanding of data models and architecture
- Ability to lead multiple projects under tight timelines
- Track record of delivering scientific projects using agile SDLC
- M&A Commercial Due Diligence a plus
- SME knowledge of emerging technologies a plus
- Agile product / technology development and delivery experience a plus
If you are interested, please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.