Our Client based in the Cork/Kerry region require a Quantity Surveyor Surfacing Contracts Manager. Working in Kerry and Cork, you will be required to oversee road maintenance contracts in your area and plan the workload of your staff accordingly. You will also be required to travel across Cork and Kerry to monitor progress on each job.
- Assume full ownership of projects
- Effectual planning and programming of resources to manage workload and meet client requirements
- Management and supervision of surfacing teams (In-house and sub-contract)
- Manage operational standards by resolving problems, contributing information and identifying improvements
- Monitoring and controlling performance against specific KPIs
- Completion and submission of site returns and keeping accurate records of all stages of the contract/project.
- Assist in the Preparation of site specific HSEQ documentation
- Measurement / invoicing of works, preparation of monthly CVRs and subcontract payments certificates.
- Completion & Submission of Tender Documents to Local Authorities/Clients
- Preparation of quantities and priced quotations for surfacing works.
- Manage client’s expectations and build/maintain relationships
- Comprehensive knowledge of Surfacing industry, clients, suppliers, materials, and practices. Works programming, planning and co-ordination ability.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet experience
- Experience in the supervision of surfacing or highway maintenance related works
- Full Driving License
- Educated to Degree level degree, BSc, BEng in Civil Engineering
You need to have at least 5 years’ experience in Contracts/Project Management and also hold a full clean licence to apply for this position. Salary in the region of €55 – €60,000 along with company vehicle, phone, pension ( after 6 months) will also be offered. For full information please email me directly.