We are presently recruiting for Quality Assurance Manager for our clients, a Food production company in County Cork. The candidate will be required to manage, maintain and improve the current food safety programmes and all the relevant documentation for these systems. You will provide assurance that the products supplied by the company meets statutory regulations, company policy, food safety standards and agreed customer requirements.
We are looking for a candidate with a good grounding in technical aspects and knowledge of microbiology and product development, qualified to audit suppliers to BRC standards or similar and our internal systems, HACCP qualifications level 3 or above, Food Safety level 3 or above. You will also be tasked in managing a team of two people in the QA team, be confident and committed, have exceptional interpersonal skills and be a good communicator.
- The role will involve desk top and physical supplier audits across a diverse range of food manufactures and products.
- This customer focused job will involve completion of customer audit questionnaires and all regulatory aspects regarding food manufacturing, process, HACCP and Food Safety.
- Checking micro analysis results, specifications, customer and supplier complaints.
- Successful maintenance of BRC Food Safety Standards along with customer audits.
- Regulatory Affairs – keep the company informed on any impending legislation changes, scientific and technical developments, and codes of practice or other changes taking place that may impact on the business.
- Responsibility for Technical Related Training within the company at all levels.
- Management of relevant staff training relating to quality and food safety.
Education and Experience required:
- 3rd level qualification in a Food Science related subject
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within food manufacturing technical or quality management role.
- A full driving licence is require
This is a full time permanent position, Salary in the region of €40 – €50,000 based on qualifications and experiences and open to negotiation. For further information please forward your CV directly to me or alternatively feel free to call on 0646622007