Red Chair Recruitment are present recruiting for English Language Primary / Elementary School Teachers for our clients in Brunei Darussalam.
We are presently recruiting for PGCE / Teaching credential Qualified candidates who have the ability to teach English to Primary school students who are attending schools in the state system of Brunei. The Government of Brunei Darussalam are presently raising standards of literacy and numeracy for all pupils in the state school system. To support this, an ambitious new programme has been launched that will accelerate the development of literacy skills in all schools, ensuring its young people reach their full potential whether they are planning to enter further or higher education or the local employment market.
You will be required to be a car driver and be willing to work in an allotted school in Brunei. Most state schools are located in and around the urban area of Bandar, the capital city. Minimum requirements for the posts are three plus years teaching experience and also holder of a teacher qualification such as PGCE or State Teaching Credentials. Contracts start in January 2021.
- To enhance literacy teaching practices and abilities of students
- Help develop strategies to support best international Teaching Practices.
- Work closely with co- teachers and in planning and provision of all lessons.
- Work alongside existing or newly introduced Ministry of Education teachers
- Assess the progression students
- To support a whole school approach to literacy teaching and learning
- Offer Monitoring and Evaluation to all learners
- Partake in Professional Development on an ongoing basis
- To help further develop all materials for literacy.
Essential Qualifications and experiences:
- 3+ years teaching experience in either Primary setting in Key Stage 1 or 2.
- Experience as a recognised school literacy expert / Mentor / Head of department considered a huge bonus
- International Teaching experience highly desired
- Extensive knowledge of literacy teaching and learning practices
- MA or BA Degree from an accredited Universities in Canada, Australia, Ireland, UK, New Zealand, South Africa or USA Will be considered ( No on line qualifications accepted)
- Teaching Qualification (PGCE, Teaching Credentials) Essential
- For visa purposes, only candidates from UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand can be considered.
Package on offer:
- TAX FREE Salary ranging $42 – 60, 000 Brunei Dollars ( £24,-33,000 stg, €26,-$37,000 euro, $41,-58,000 CAN, $43,-$61,000 AUS, $47,-67,000 NEW ZEALAND
- Subsidised schooling for dependent children
- Free Medical Insurance
- Free Housing provided
- Flights and flight allowances provided yearly
- Paid holidays as per school calendar
If this superb post is of interest to you, please send on CV along with cover letter, scanned copies of degrees and passports to me directly and we can schedule a Skype call to discuss further.