We are presently recruiting for a Paint shop Chargehand for our clients, an Engineering company in County Kerry. Reporting to the Paint Shop Foreman, you will oversee the daily operations of a paint shop in an industrial setting. You will be required to supervise a team of painters, assigning tasks, ensuring work is completed on time, whilst maintaining quality standards. You will also be involved in the painting process, including surface preparation, paint application, and quality control.
- Plan and prioritize workload and resources to meet departmental targets.
- Supervise, manage, and develop employees within the department.
- Supervise staff performance, quality of work and delivery of service.
- Assist with tasks by providing advice where necessary.
- Ensure the quality of components leaving the department are of the standard required.
- Identify, participate in and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Promote the highest standards of health and safety at all times.
Qualifications & Experiences:
- Qualified as a painter or similar apprenticeship or hold a relevant 3rd level engineering Qualification.
- 1-2 years’ experience in production supervision
- Excellent planning and organization skills
This is a full-time position with a Working Week of 34.5hrs, 06:30am – 06:30pm Friday to Sunday. Salary of €44,000 with additional overtime payments at time and a half along with pension contribution. For further information, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org