Red Chair Recruitment are currently accepting applications for an experienced Nursing Manager / Person in Charge for our clients based in Cork.
The responsibilities of the Nursing Manager / Person in Charge will be to manage the residence and to listen to, learn from, support and work to achieve the priorities of the residents in line with The National Standards for Residential Services Children and Adults with Disabilities 2013 Health Care Act 2007 (Care and support of residents in designated centres for persons (children and adults) with disabilities). To provide people with disabilities the opportunity to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential.
- To ensure that the day to day needs of the residents are met which can include such tasks as dressing, washing, teaching specific skills to the residents living in the home, self help, domestic, kitchen, community, leisure and social skills, cooking, shopping, cleaning, looking after each person’s clothes and effects and maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness within the residence. Facilitating residents to use their leisure time tailored to their needs, with an emphasis on community integration.
- To order, administer and record prescribed medication as required by the residents. To manage purchasing and the budgeting of household monies and making purchases locally where possible. To keep records and reports as deemed necessary.
- Manage, develop and support staff individually and as a team including induction, supervisory support and training when required.
- Be familiar with new developments in the field of Intellectual Disabilities/HIQA standards and any other relevant guidelines/policies pertaining to the role.
- To drive residents to and from work and social outings ensuring they arrive on time using the supplied company minibus.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Coordinator of Residential/Respite Care or Assistant Manager / Manager of Services.
- A qualification in Nursing and Registered with An Bord Altranais
- Minimum of 2 Years in a Nursing Managerial role preferred
- The ability to work on own initiative and supervise service users and staff
- To work roster duty including weekend to a maximum of 48 hours inclusive of sleepover hours.
- To undertake relevant training courses (both in house and external) as may be required to develop the necessary skills to meet service users/organisational needs.
- A full Irish/EU Driving Licence and indemnification on your car insurance policy is an essential requirement for this position.
PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Statutory Holidays
- Group Pension and Life Insurance
- Other benefits to be discussed during interview stage
If you have 2+ years experience in a Nursing Manager role, please send on your CV to email@example.com to apply for this position.
We Get People,
International Recruitment Consultant
Red Chair Recruitment, Recruitment House, 91 New Street, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland
Skype: redchaireducation LinkedIn: – https://ie.linkedin.com/in/neil-buckley