Red Chair Recruitment are presently recruiting for Lecturers of Hospitality / Tourism for our clients in Saudi Arabia. Topics Taught include Events ,Guest Relations, Hospitality Management.
As an experienced lecturer, you will be required to Plan and deliver high quality teaching on a range of courses within the curriculum area (vocational and non-vocational). You will have the ability to plan work and assess which results in learners making sound and steady progress as well as the ability to prioritise, and manage a varied workload.
- Implement assessment procedures in accordance with College policies and the requirements of awarding bodies and prepare and participate in internal and external verification and moderation procedures including attendance at associated meetings.
- In accordance with College policies and guidelines, maintain course and learner records; carry out tracking and monitoring of learner performance and provide information, data and statistical returns as required, using student record information systems as required.
- Adopt a consistent approach in dealing with student discipline in accordance with College policies.
- Cover classes for absent colleagues in accordance with College guidelines, which may be reviewed from time to time.
- Work with members of the Department’s management team and departmental colleagues in the development, review and evaluation of the curriculum, including contribution to the self-assessment process.
- Contribute to the preparation of course materials.
- Carry out administrative tasks related to courses and attend meetings as required by the Department’s management team.
- Maintain a practical understanding of service standards and Quality Improvement initiatives relevant to the department and work to these standards, engaging in personal and professional development as appropriate.
- Be alert to any indication or allegation of abuse and take appropriate action under the College safeguarding procedures for the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
- Promote equality of opportunity and diversity in all aspects of the job and challenge inequality and discrimination and/or report concerns as appropriate.
- Support the College management in all health and safety matters and take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- Support the marketing of courses both inside and outside the College including attendance at open events. This will involve flexible working (i.e. occasional evenings and weekend working).
- Assist as required in enrolment procedures. This will involve flexible working (i.e. occasional evenings and weekend working).
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the objectives and level of responsibility of the post as may be required by the Departmental management team and/or College Directorate Group.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Must speak English to mother tongue standard
- Must be from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia or South Africa
- Must have in excess of three years IT teaching experience
- Must hold a minimum of a BA university degree specific to subjects of Hospitality, Tourism or Catering
- Teaching Credentials specific to subject, PGCE or Vocational Teaching Qualifications highly desired
- Master degree holders highly sought and offered salary increments
- Excel at teaching and are naturally confident
- Have a strong personality and understand the challenges ahead
- Possess superb time management, communication and presentation skills
- Professionals with additional experience in IT, Education Management highly sought
- Are looking for a new professional challenge
- Previous experience of working in the Gulf region considered a plus
- Vacancies available ASAP, and on a continuous basis
THE PACKAGE ON OFFER:
- Base salary in the region of 168,000 SAR / €44,800 USD
- Rolling 12 month contacts
- End of contract bonus
- Paid accommodation or housing allowance for male candidates
- Paid return flights from country of origin to KSA
- Paid Medical Insurance
- Travel cost to and from work covered
- Superb holiday benefits
Positions for male ( Riyadh only) and female ( Eastern Province only) are on offer. Please forward your CV to me for further information.
We Get People,
Tel: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mob: +353 (0)86 468 1212