Presently we are recruiting for an Product Leader / Lead Manufacturing Engineer for our Clients in Kerry. Our clients are world leader in providing parts and components for the Automotive Industry. We are looking for someone from a Manufacturing Engineering background, who can effectively manage a product line specifically in regards to the manufacture of High Voltage heaters for Electric Vehicles. You will be responsible for Manufacturing products and driving the productivity of the product line enabling efficient, robust technical advancements of Manufacturing. As the Product Leader will play a key role in rationalizing resources dedicated to support product development, plant support and application support and will develop the engineering footprint and the talent needed to support the growth of operation.
Responsibilities within position:
- Direct and oversee the activities associated with providing world class quality and manufacturing engineering technical support to the manufacturing areas that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Plan, schedule, facilitate and supervise the daily activities of the manufacturing team(s) ensuring that safety, quality, cost-efficiency and on-time delivery goals are achieved.
- Plan the training and provision of headcount and adaptable shift models according to customer requirements and headcount forecast as detailed in sales forecast with a view to a flexible workforce for rotation between production work centers.
- Plan the development and training of key staff to support business growth and succession.
- Fully support the organizational goal of zero safety incidents.
- Identify and implement improvements
- Support a “Best Practice” approach toward methods and practices.
- Work with the Technical team
- Work with the Engineering team in developing and implementing the Manufacturing Engineering Strategic Plan.
- Review and quote processing and production equipment and tools.
- Work with customers to identify and resolve issues.
- Prepare and make relevant presentations to all levels of the organization as well as customers.
- Lead and champion a teamwork approach to achieving goals with particular emphasis on Production Teams and AQP Steering Committee activities.
- Provide Technical leadership, training and support to manufacturing teams and peers.
- Manage inventory, facilitate continuous improvement, support diversity, reduce scrap, improve communications and maintain a work environment where third party intervention is neither desired nor necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field desired
- 3-5 years engineering experience
- Experience managing/facilitating product launches/programs or the equivalent
- Supervisory training or experience
- Strongly and independently motivated
- Goal-oriented with a track record of accomplishment
Salary is in the region of €65,000. If you wish to apply, please forward your CV to me for further information.
Phone: +353 (0) 64 66 22 007
Mobile: +353 (0) 86 46 81 212