Junior Network Engineer Grad or 2 + year experience
Large Enterprise Client, Complex Environment
Red Chair Recruitment is looking for a passionate Junior Network Engineer to work within our client’s technical delivery team in County Kerry.
- Supporting the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network solutions.
- Ensure that technical documentation is maintained to the company’s standard.
- Assisting with Network enhancements over weekends and during other out-of-hours support windows.
- Engage and effectively communicate with internal stakeholders and customers to gather requirements and provide updates on projects and issues.
- Ensure faults and alerts reported are monitored, managed and progressed to a resolution.
- Work effectively with other teams and business units on resolving issues.
- Continually acquire technical and business knowledge; research and remain current on new technological developments, and information resources.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Network Manager.
What You Will Need:
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals and internet protocols.
- General Data Networking Knowledge (OSI Model, TCP/IP).
- Basic knowledge of application protocols (DNS, DHCP, SSH, HTTP, SSL, FTP etc.).
- General Knowledge of basic network devices and basic network appliances.
- Ability to perform duties in a fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- A dependable self-starter who is able to take action with minimal direction.
- Customer focused, flexible and willing to take ownership of issues.
- Desirable: Cisco CCNA or CompTIA Network+, Degree in Computer Science or Networking
Call Zack or Fred on 086 859 0050 or 086 772 4200 for an immediate interview.