An exciting opportunity to proactively assist the growth of our client’s business processes by enhancing and customising the ERP and associated apps. You will communicate with key users who provide business analysis, IT team leaders who serve as solution architects, peers from sister organisations, and external sources for third level help. Our client are in the very early phases of switching to Infor LN as its new ERP system, which will be a priority for at least the next 36 months.
- Ownership locally of the development status of the ERP application and it’s database (currently BaaN IV and Informix)
- Management of development requests, whether completed yourself or externally
- Basic development – report building, and ideally, adaptations to existing sessions, jobs, scripts etc., development of interfaces
- Installation of patches, finished developments.
- Installation of updates and patches, migration of developments from test to live
- Completing and documenting basic testing, and guiding application key-users through the testing process
- 2nd Level support – Providing a technical service to analyse data and source code, to provide insight and understanding of functionalities/problems to the Key Users
- Create and supply documentation for users and administrators and auditable technical documentation of the development process.
Qualifications & Competences
- A 3rd level qualification in Business Information Systems, Computer Science or another 3rd level qualification together with relevant experience
- A good grounding in technical support or development of a key application (such as ERP), ideally related to manufacturing
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proven Coding/Scripting ability
- Ideally 2-3 years in a similar role
- Previous experience of BaaN IV / ERP / Infor LN or similar ERP packages – SAP, Netsuite, Sage, Epicor, Cognos, Navision etc.
- DBA experience with MS-SQL or Informix
- Software development experience
- Shell scripting ability
The salary for this role is dependent on experience (in line with market rates) and offers a number of benefits to be discussed at interview stage. If you are interested please apply or email email@example.com