We are presently recruiting for A Skills Instructor for an adult training centre in Dunmanway in county Cork. We are looking for someone with 2 years’ experience in working with people with special needs or learning disability in a training setting.
The aim of the adult training and employment programmes within the Training and Employment Centre is to develop a range of practical and training skills with a view towards increasing innovation, independence and a sense of achievement for service users.
Responsibilities within the position:
- Provide variety in programme activities which facilitate individuality within the programme group.
- Use initiative, imagination and creativity in implementing programmes.
- Assist and support the group when required but to aim to encourage independence and initiative in the service users.
- Make suggestions on existing and future training and care programmes.
- Monitor group attendance, timekeeping, behaviour and participation in the programme activities and to review programme activities accordingly.
- Prepare reports as required, attend meetings appropriate to your role as an Instructor.
- Acquire various resource materials as appropriate.
- Assist in the personal care of service users where appropriate.
- Prepare service users for their work experience placements in conjunction with other staff to ensure they get maximum benefit from same.
- Ensure safety and safe working conditions in the workplace.
- Ensure the group are trained fully in the use of any relevant machinery or tools and to ensure the group have health and safety awareness.
- Attend to parents and other visitors to the centre with courtesy, tact and consideration.
- Drive Company vehicles as required.
- To act as Key Worker to individual service users where agreed by facilitating person centred plans (PCP) on an ongoing basis.
- A Diploma or Degree in Social Care, Social Studies, Social Sciences, Disability Studies, Learning Disabilities (HETAC qualifications)
- A 3″ level Teaching/Training qualification
- Full, clean drivers licence
This is a permanent position for 35 hours per week. Salary, depending on qualifications and experiences range from €22,600 – €32,700. For further information, please contact Joe directly for full information.