We are currently recruiting for a Hotel Operations Manager to assist the Hotel Director with operations onboard a luxury Cruise Line. The HOM (Hotel Operations Manager) will ensure company, divisional and ship performance objectives are met or exceeded
- Plan, coordinate and manage operations to ensure maximum Guest Satisfaction
- Manage, establish and maintain guidelines for all Electronic Signage and ITV messaging components
- Ensure daily inspections are carried out in all areas.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and managing the operation of the Hotel organization.
- Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities within corporate standards.
- Establish and maintain effective internal communications including participation in regular division head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Continually encourage teamwork and cooperation between all Hotel shipboard employees and Marine shipboard employees.
- Keep Executive Committee and Marine management team informed of Hotel activities.
- Assist the Hotel Director in implementing the business and operating budget plans to ensure optimum Total Guest Satisfaction, sales potential, and profitability.
- Reviews operating budgets, revenue reports, analyzes established goals and objectives compared to actual results and implements recommendations to achieve projected goals.
- Assist with monitoring cash management programs and purchasing practices including inventories and receivables.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists in planning budgets for departments.
- Five or more year’s operational experience in a 3 stripe Divisional head position. Proven ability to manage all functions. Demonstrated leadership capabilities. Effective verbal and written communications skills. Exposure to international environments is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
- Strong grasp of strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques and production methods.
- Knowledge of quality service standards, alternative delivery systems, and customer satisfaction evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
- Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work.
- Ability to speak, read and write English at a high level. Any other language such as Spanish, French or German, is advantageous.
- Physically capable (All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Therefore, the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds is necessary).
This is an opportunity to see the world whilst putting your Hospitality Management skills to great use. If you are interested in this role please apply directly below using your updated CV and I will get back to you shortly or call 064 662 2007 for more information.