We are presently recruiting for a HGV mechanic for our clients in Macroom, County Cork. The company in question tests, services and repairs all makes and models of HGV vehicles. The company can operate from a new Garage complex, offer a Monday to Friday working week and can also offer additional training for career enhancement.
- Perform a full range of repairs on all the Council’s mixed fleet.
- Prepare, present and accompany all HGV vehicles for annual DOE inspections.
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to inspection manual standards.
- Conduct diagnostic tests on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems on vehicles.
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required
- Conduct preventative maintenance on the Council’s mixed fleet of vehicles.
- To complete vehicle records to ensure full compliance with legislation.
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to.
- To attend training courses as required.
- To complete accurate record systems to ensure that maintenance and service costs are captured against relevant vehicles.
- Maintain cleanliness within the workshop.
- Hold recognized trade qualifications or extensive hands on work experience.
- 2+ years Previous experience in the fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance of HGV Vehicles.
- Category C HGV license highly desired but not essential.
- Physically fit as this is a demanding physical role.
Salary is open to negotiation based on experiences. For further information, please email me directly at email@example.com