We are presently recruiting for an EHS Manager for our clients in County Kerry. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for managing the company’s policy and strategy on all Environmental, Health & Safety matters. The EHS Manager will act as the primary point of contact to the Board of Management providing reports and strategic direction. Very occasional overseas travel will be required. This is a full time position.
- Management of all Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) activities within the company
- Drive projects, actively promote a culture of Safety and Environmental awareness
- Management, development and co-ordination of the EHS team.
- Lead in the development of EHS systems
- Ensure the company complies with all applicable regulations.
- Carry out internal auditing & inspection of the EHS system
- Co-coordinating risk management process for site.
- Ensure compliance to safe working practices, Liaise with relevant statutory bodies
- Be the EHS champion for project work and ensure all new equipment
- Deliver training and coaching on key EHS topics
- Manage all complaints regarding EHS issues.
- Develop Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Site Induction and Safe Systems.
- Manage the hazardous waste materials and ensure compliance to company IPPC license requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety and/or Environmental Science or a related discipline.
- Chartered member of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) or equivalent qualification would also be an advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a Health & Safety Manager in a manufacturing site would be preferable.,
- Experience in developing, implementing behavioural, and safety programmes.
- Thorough knowledge of Irish and European legislation and ability to efficiently manage all environmental, health and safety issues on site.
This is a full time permanent position, Salary is based on qualifications and experiences and open to negotiation. For further information please forward your CV directly to me or alternatively feel free to call on 0646622007