We are presently recruiting a Head Chef for our 4* hotel client in County Waterford. The Hotel and its Restaurants offers modern cuisine and is a popular choice for hotel residents and locals alike. The Hotel has a well-established kitchen team and you will be tasked with managing and mentoring the team and developing menus and maintaining the exceptional standard of food.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approve and polish dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training chefs and other kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of chefs and other kitchen staff
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
- Proven experience as head chef in a 5 star environment is desirable
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate is desirable
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management is essential
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progresses within the kitchen department
- Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Credentials in health and safety training
This is a full time position, market salary rates apply based on experiences and in the region of €60,000 along with Employee discounts , 20 days annual leave, Staff accommodation if need are also offered. For further information please forward your CV directly to me or alternatively feel free to call.