We are recruiting for a Head Butcher for our clients in County Cork. You will be responsible for managing a team of 3, be responsible for all displays, monitor health and safety, stock control and offer added value to the customers shopping experience. You will have 5+ years’ experience, have extensive knowledge of meat cuts and standard weights
- Arrange cuts of meat and place them in an attractive manner in the display case.
- Manage all profit margins of your department
- Receive deliveries of meat and inspect them to ensure that they adhere to the highest quality standards
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts so that they are ready for customers to buy and cook
- Prepare meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming to make it easier for customers
- Educate customers on different selections and types of poultry, pork, beef and fish to help them decide what to purchase
- Rotate products to reduce the chance of any meat spoiling to reduce waste and loss of profits
- Maintain and clean the meat preparation counter to reduce the risk of food contamination and adhere to food safety guidelines
This is a full time position, Salary is open to negotiation and based on experience.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 064 66 22007