Presently we are recruiting for a Group Financial Reporting Accountants for our Multi-National Client in Kerry. Our client boasts offices around the globe and require people who have previous Multi – National employment experiences or have worked with one of the “Big Six” Accountancy firms. Initially based in Kerry for a period of 18 to 24 months, this role will lead to significant global career development opportunities for the right candidate.
We require someone with strong analytical skills, who have the ability to work under pressure and to tight time lines. My client also requires someone willing to relocate internationally after an initial period of working in Kerry. You will be involved in projects such as acquisition accounting, disposal accounting, intangible assets management, group reorganisations, statistical reporting and process improvement.
Overview and requirements of positions on offer
- Support the interim and annual Group financial statements delivery ensuring:
- Accurate reporting of the Group financial statements.
- Compliance with all relevant rules and regulations.
- All deadlines are adhered to.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the local legal entity financial statements:
- Liaising with relevant personnel across the Group to ensure that the local financial statements are filed on time.
- Ensure that these local entity statements are per the consolidated accounts and are accurate before sign-off by Directors.
- Review and consolidate year end files as part of the Group consolidation process:
- Participate in the year end consolidation process taking responsibility for specific files.
- Become an expert in the Group consolidation tool
- Liaise with the Group Auditors on any specific files / issues.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure IFRS and Irish / UK GAAP compliance.
Profile, qualifications and experiences:
- The ideal candidate will be ACA qualified and have approx. 1 – 3 years post qualification experience in practice or similar role in Industry
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS with the ability to interpret the implications of standards for practical situations.
- Possess excellent Accounting and Auditing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy essential with a natural focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven ability to manage work load.
- MS Office combined with general proficiency in IT systems.
This is a full time permanent position, market salary rates apply based on experiences and qualifications. For further information please forward your CV directly to me.