We are currently recruiting for an Food & Beverage Sanitation Controller to join one of our leading clients in the Cruise Line industry.
- Report directly to the Food & Beverage Manager/Director and Executive Chef regarding corporate Public Health policies
- Ensure that galley areas are operating in accordance with Company Operating Standards.
- Inspect onboard food storing and distribution facilities
- Assisting the Executive Chef on loading days with quality control, temperature spot checks and handling of food items received to the ship.
- Conducts extensive sanitation inspections in all F&B working areas, including, but not limited to the following functions onboard and at outer islands
- Bachelors degree in hospitality management, business administration or related science preferred.
- Experience conducting public health and environmental inspections in the hospitality industry and or onboard cruise ships.
- Knowledge of United States Public Health (USPH) regulations and the Vessel Sanitation Program (VSP) preferred
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points), UKPH (United Kingdom Public Health) certification, or other internationally recognized certification, a plus.
- Ability to conduct training sessions at all levels; one-on-one or to large groups.
- Ability to effectively interact with vendors, consultants and regulatory agencies during inspection, audit and support visits.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Valid passport
- Eligibility to be issued a United States C1/D Visa (Not applicable for US and Canadian citizens)
- Computer literate
- Fluency in English, both conversational with technical Outstanding communication skills
- A commitment to completing at least two four-month contracts within a twelve-month period
This is an opportunity to see the world whilst putting your knowledge to great use. If you are interested in this role please apply directly below using your updated CV and I will get back to you shortly or call 064 662 2007 for more information.