We are presently recruiting for an Ecologist for our clients, a Consulting Engineering company. As an ecologist, you will work on a various projects and will responsible for all aspects of collection of samples and conducting surveys on behalf of the company. The opportunity to work remotely with travel to various sites is offered. This is a full time, permanent position.
- Conduct field surveys to collect biological information about the numbers and distribution of organisms
- Carry out taxonomy – the classification of organisms
- Apply sampling strategies and employ a range of habitat survey techniques, such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), aerial photography, records and maps
- Carry out environmental impact assessments
- Analyse and interpret data, using specialist software programs
- Work on habitat management and creation
- Write reports and issue recommendations
- Liaise with, and advise, site managers, engineers, planners and others associated with a survey
- Build relationships with stakeholders, including members of the public
- Carry out research
- Keep up to date with new environmental policies and legislation
- Contribute ideas about changes to policy and legislation, based on ecological findings.
A relevant third level qualification along with previous experience and a full driving licence will be required. Salary is open to negotiation and based on experiences. For further information please email me directly.