We are presently recruiting for a Buyer Planner for our clients, a Manufacturing company in Killarney, County Kerry. You will be involved in all aspects of planning material procurement, production planning, inventory control, outsourcing, vendor selection and distribution activities for assigned product lines. This is a full-time position, based in Killarney, County Kerry
- Plans and prepares manufacturing production schedules and departmental workflows.
- Plans, schedules and monitors inbound movement of materials from suppliers.
- Negotiates favourable terms, volume discounts and contracts with suppliers .
- Prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of goods, services and supplies for customer-related business processes.
- Develop a weekly Master Production Schedule.
- Schedule customer orders.
- Manage cost reduction projects.
- Manage inventory reduction projects to reach agreed targets.
- Support implementation of Kanban, (Co Managed Inventory), (Vendor Managed Inventory)
- Obtain quotations and lead times.
- Manage sourcing of raw material supply to include new supplier negotiation and agreements.
- Measure supplier performance.
- Manage quality issues with suppliers.
- Measure and review Purchase Price Variance weekly.
- Hold quarterly business reviews with key suppliers.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Qualified to diploma/degree level in a business or technical discipline.
- APICS CPIM and or IIPMM Cert/Dip qualification part of fully qualified is desirable.
- 3+ years’ experience in Buyer/ Planner in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and Analytical skills.
- Advanced user of MS Excel.
Salary is open to negotiation and based on experiences and qualifications. In addition, company pension and sickness scheme is offered. For further information, please email me directly at email@example.com
Comments are closed.