We are presently recruiting for a Butcher for our clients in Corbally, County Limerick. We are looking for someone with strong customer service skills, have solid knowledge of all cuts of meat and can assist customers in a friendly and efficient manner
- Arrange cuts of meat and place them in an attractive manner in the display case.
- Weigh, label and price a variety of cuts of meat for on-demand selections.
- Receive deliveries of meat and inspect them to ensure that they adhere to the highest quality standards and are not expired.
- Use skewers, bone knives, twine and other tools to lace, tie and shape roasts so that they are ready for customers to buy and cook.
- Prepare meat into forms ready for cooking using a variety of actions, including boning, tying, grinding, cutting and trimming to make it easier for customers.
- Educate customers on different selections and types of poultry, pork, beef and fish to help them decide what to purchase.
- Rotate products to reduce the chance of any meat spoiling to reduce waste and loss of profits.
- Maintain and clean the meat preparation counter to reduce the risk of food contamination and adhere to food safety guidelines.
Skills & Qualifications & experiences
- 1-2 years’ experience as a butcher
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of food safety
This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is open to negotiation and based on experiences.
For full information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 064 66 22007