Red Chair are currently recruiting for a BI Developer who will be responsible for the design and development of complicated BI reports; including sub-reports, graphical reports, and well-formatted dashboards according to user requirements.
Training will be provided for suitable candidates who have the right attitude and transferable technical skills.
- You will collaborate with business users and members of the BI team as well as managers, business analysts and database administrators to identify and document needs and opportunities for improved reporting, analytics and delivery.
- Design and develop Cognos BI reports using Report Studio and/or Workspace Advanced.
- Production Support of Cognos BI reports, schedules, events, triggers and dashboards
- Exhibit a commitment to data quality by validating results compared with the data warehouse database at each step of the development process.
- Train and support Cognos end users on basic navigation in Cognos Connection, Workspace Advanced, and report/package “Self-Service BI” usage based on business requirements.
- Ensure compliance with company’s change and security policies.
- Educated to degree level preferably in an IT-related discipline, or with significant industry experience.
- Knowledge of, and a willingness and ability to adapt to new BI technologies
- A very strong understanding of relational databases and an ability to query databases to troubleshoot issues in reporting.
- Ability to absorb & present complex ideas quickly & accurately.
- Ability to provide solutions to a tight deadline.
- Good prioritization and time management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Cognos BI Administration, Security & Implementation Experience
- Oracle eBS knowledge
- Knowledge of Noetix Views for Oracle eBS, Noetix Generator
- Data warehousing, Data mining, Big Data Analytics
The salary on offer for this role is depending on experience. If you are interested in this role please apply directly below or call 064 66 22 007 for more information.