We are presently recruiting for an Architectural Technician for our clients in Tralee, County Kerry. You will required to work closely with architects and other building professionals to resolve any potential design problems before construction starts on projects.
This is an initial 9 month maternity leave position, with permanent contract opportunities to follow.
- Selecting the best materials and processes for the project
- Surveying sites and identifying location benefits
- Carrying out feasibility studies and risk assessments
- Assessing environmental impacts and identifying legal issues
- Analysing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible risks or problems and making amendments using computer-aided design applications (CAD)
- Specifying the appropriate technology and tools to be used in the project and advising where this requires deviation from the initial design plans
- Liaising with the architect, surveyors and other construction professionals, sometimes managing the design project team
- Preparing documents to help with getting planning permission and similar approvals
- Be competent in the use of Auto CAD , with a knowledge of Sketch up.
- Have a competency and understanding of all Building Regulation
- Experience / knowledge in Surveying existing buildings
- Design of building
- Strong understanding of all Planning regulations
- 3+ years’ experience in similar position
- Relevant Third level qualification
Salary in the region of €40 – €45,000 per year is on offer. For further information please email your CV directly to us.