We are presently recruiting for a bookkeeper for our County Kerry based client. You will be responsible for coordinating various accounts functions on behalf of the company and work closely with the Head Accountant. Your Duties will include performing data entry, Invoice In – Invoice – out, Three matching and performing vendor maintenance. In all tasks, you must maintain a high degree of accuracy.
- Sorts and reviews invoices and check requests for proper account codes, object codes, discounts, payment terms
- Bills and credits accounts’ involved with the accounts payable system.
- Maintains a complex record and filing system of accounts payable vendor files, financial records, purchase orders and invoices for retrieval or review by Management
- Responds to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems; acts as a liaison between departments and vendors.
- Checks departmental financial accounts to assure funds are available for purchases.
- Processes requisitions and prepares purchase orders
- Preparing Vat Returns
- General Office Administration duties
- Accounts preparation
Qualifications, skills, salary, and experience:
- Qualification in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts based position
- Solid experience of using Sage
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
5 Day week including Saturday on rotation is offered. Salary in the region of €25 – €26,000 based on qualifications and experiences and open to negotiation. For further information please forward your CV directly